Cooperation with international and national organisations and foundations
- In the eighties IIJB scholarships were allocated through the International Programme for the Development of Communication (IPDC) of UNESCO.
- Since the mid-nineties the institute had an observer status at the Confederation of Association of South-East Asian Nations Journalists (CAJ) and the African Council of Communication Education (ACCE).
- In the same period IIJB trainers carried out regular training seminars for the Media Training Centre of the All African Council of Churches (AACC) in Nairobi, Kenya.
- IIJB is a founding member of the Asian Journalists Association (AJA) and has been member of the International Association for Mass Communication Research (IAMCR) till the late nineties.
- Since 2001 the institute cooperates with German political foundations.Since 1999 the IIJB cooperated on the "JourNet" network of UNESCO.
- Long-standing contacts with journalist's organisations and media in Africa and Asia provide for an efficient coordination in the preparation and realisation of training projects.