Facts and focal Points
- IIJB looks back on 46 years experience in development cooperation.
- Developed out of the „College of Solidarity“; the institute was solely financed by donations and grants from public funds.
- It is registered since autumn 1990 as a non-profit association.
- Until present some hundred courses in Asia and Africa, more than 100 seminars/workshops in Berlin/ Hoppegarten with over 2000 participants from around 80 countries of both continents were carried out.
- Main focus areas were press, radio and TV-journalist courses; from 1998 concentrating mainly on training of radio and photojournalists.
- Courses in Germany were conducted within certain themes such as „water is life“, „health means development“, „World cup in Germany“ or „Germany – country of the ideas“ and were supported by enterprises like the Berlin Water company, from organizations like “Médicins sans Frontières”, foundations and the Foreign Office.
- The best work produced by the course participants was awarded by the supporting institutions or brought to the public’s attention through photo exhibitions.
- It has been proved that our alumni had good social and job perspectives upon returning to their home countries after completing the IIJB training.